Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Humility


From My Garden
Originally uploaded by ruthykarp67
"Humility - is perpetual quietness of heart. It is to have no trouble. It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore. To wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me. It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised. It is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go in and shut the door and kneel to my Father in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around and about is trouble..." Author Unknown

Who wrote this "beautiful something" I aspire to and why are they unknown? Someone should get credit.

Alas, those that know me realize that I lack a perpetual quietness of anything! But I do desperately long to be still and rest in the Living God of the Universe. I have made many mistakes, especially lately, that have been rooted in pride. So I find myself withdrawing to a place of calm, praying for a humble and quiet spirit - hoping for some peace of mind and heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be so good at finding that quiet place to rest and kneel at my Father's feet. What happened? Well too much to write that's for sure. What I will say is that I need to actively seek out my quiet place again so that I may continue to have humility. Without the Spirit in me how can I have humility?